PRIMARY
POST-AREA
POST
DATE

Friday

TITLE

New Year's Revolution #2

METADATA
by Brian Haven
@ 7:06 AM

TAGGED
, , , , ,

CATEGORIES
» Engagement
» Marketing
» Thoughts

»
»

BODY
Measure engagement—the real engagement. It’s funny, marketers dump 92% of their budget into traditional channels that are extremely difficult to measure, the other 8% go to interactive channels where they basically use the same metrics they’ve used for the past five decades. Then they complain that they can’t determine the value of social media. Yawn. My sympathy is wearing thin. 

Social media is trackable. Every time someone comments, rates a product, reviews a product, connects to someone in a social network, uploads a photo or video, tags something (the list goes on) they take an action that can be tracked in some form. Link these activities to transactions, visits, attitudes and sentiment (from surveys or maybe brand monitoring), and let’s get on to more important initiatives. And don't forget the real world. People visit stores, talk to each other face-to-face--we're physical and digital beasts. And we need to measure actions and behaviors across the mediums.

I've written a lot more about this here, here, and here

 

SIDEBAR
SIDE-LEFT
Previous
17 Jan 2008
Get to know your customer’s better. As an analyst...
Colophon


 
This work on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.


Fancy quote box styling courtesy of Joomsayer for Movable Type.
SIDE-RIGHT
Next
20 Jan 2008
Be a little more fearless and experiment more with social...
FEEDBACK
TRACKBACKS
COMMENTS
COMMENT-FORM
ENTRY-HEADER

Leave A Comment